This campaign collects data specifically related to untreated Western honey bee (Apis mellifera) colonies located in apiaries. By "untreated" we mean a colony that has not received any chemical treatment by a beekeeper (e.g., to control for Varroa destructor). By "apiary" we mean a single site where a colony, or group of colonies, is located by a beekeeper.
To participate, please provide as much information as you can within this section, following these simple steps:
- Identify the position of the apiary within the map
- Upload photos of the colonies/apiary
- Answer the questions in "1. Untreated colony in apiary"
- Click the "+ Untreated Colony/Colonies in Apiaries" button to create a new entry for any additional untreated apiaries you wish to register
- Answer the questions in "Bee season"
- When finished, click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page
Notes: GPS locations of apiaries will purposely be obfuscated on the public map to conceal their exact whereabouts. There will be a delay posting your entries to the map while our team reviews and validates your data.